In this Synth Expert review, courtesy of Pro Tools Expert, James Ivey takes a look and listen to the B-5 Organ from Acoustic Samples. James shows us around the instrument using 5 audio examples to demonstrate a selection of the tonal variation that this Hammond virtual instrument has to offer.
Visit the Acoustic Samples website for more information about the B-5 Organ virtual instrument.
- Real Tonewheel model, sample based, around 1100 samples
- Full control over the Drawbar settings
- 200 drawbar presets that you can change while you play
- Lower octave Preset keys (black keys) assignable for the Upper and Lower manuals
- Sample based Vibrato and Chorus for C1, C2, C3, V1, V2 and V3
- Fully customizable and accurately reproduced percussion system
- Precise swell pedal volume change (based on measurements)
- Real key contact modeling
- Control over the Rotary Speaker speed (chorale, brake, tremolo)
- Rotary speaker type selection
- Recording type selection (independant volume and miking technique for the horn and drum)
- Easy MIDI controller assignment, you can setup any drawbar controller or a simple keyboard very quickly
- Tube distortion, "before speaker" reverb and 3 band EQ.