In this Synth Expert review, courtesy of Pro Tools Expert, Dan Cooper takes a look at a Kontakt virtual instrument Gravity, a pad, hit and riser VI by Heavyocity.
- 12 GB uncompressed (9.2GB on Disk with NI lossless compression)
- Available as direct download only
- 2200+ Sound Sources
- 815+ Snapshots
- 325+ Motion Presets (NKA’s)
- 1200+ NKIs
- 780+ Pads
- 390+ Stings
- 19 Riser Menus
- 9 Hit Menus
- Two new “Designers” for Hits and Risers
- Motion page for advanced volume, pitch, and pan pattern creation
- Playable Trigger FX™ for real-time control
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
Summary - What I Think Of Gravity by Heavyocity
So what my final thoughts on Gravity by Heavyocity?
You can probably tell now I'm absolutely loving it. It sounds great, it's very easy to use. Gravity works in the Kontakt player which is really familiar to me. Gravity uses the Connect app for downloading and installing the package which is an absolute breeze for getting large sample libraries up and running.
Users will need about 20gb hard drive space for installing.
If I had to find fault Gravity then it would be with the price. I think it is slightly on the expensive side at over £300, but we do get a lot of VI for the money. I think I need to play with this more to really appreciate the value. If you are into making really big cinematic dramatic music then you're going to want to check this out.